Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ever heard of Kate Nash?

I've heard of her, and were it not for Metal Only, no Rubbish, and The Collapse Board, I still might have missed the latest brouhaha.
Personally, I don't think it's much of a song, but so what? It's not always about what I like. I don't think it matters. Not when there are artists out there doing everything better, so I'm not really in it for the song.
Here's a few thoughts: let's say I'm a horrible sexist. Does that make it a good song? Let's say that Rocknroll is a boys club- is there any reason why it shouldn't be?  Let's say that she is angry for a good reason- was this the best expression for it? Let's say it really is Punk rock, is that a good thing?
See, I think that it's a throwaway filler track, and what's more interesting to me is what people want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment