Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lookmatic part Deux

So, I've now got three pairs of glasses from Lookmatic. I bought a pair of prescription shades, and they turned out ace. I bought my wife a pair on non-prescription shades, and she likes them, and they seem pretty ace. Now, I've won a contest, and got a free pair of Specs from them- they're pretty ace, as well. I wasn't sure about getting prescription glasses from them, as shades can be more forgiving if they got a focal point slightly off, or if there's a flaw in the lens. Well, yes, the lenses are not as crystal clear as I might have liked, but it's still as good, if not better than going down my local Optical shop. They're excellent for driving, or light computer work. I think I'd suffer a little visual fatigue if I wore them to read a lot of fine print, but keep in mind that I've got a very tough prescription, and should be wearing bifocals- well, I'm right on the cusp of needing bifocals all the time, so a bit of that's to be expected. Also, bear in mind the customer service is insanely good- I've had questions in the late evening that were answered by email in less than an hour. Think about that! Imagine a brick and mortar store that can have you your specs in less than a fortnight, no matter your prescription, sell extremely high fashion specs for under US 200, and can answer questions at almost any time you'd ask. That's pretty swell, eh? Then, add this to the whole thing- the people are actually really nice. as in, I think I'd like to be friends with them, even if money weren't involved. Consider them recommended. I'm hoping they expand to world wide, very soon. Not that you'd get the same as me, but I first got the Parkers in tortoise, then the Tippis in black and purple for my wife, and now I've got the Uncleonards. Next, I think I'm going to get the Kingsfords in silver....

No comments:

Post a Comment