Saturday, March 3, 2012

COF'inC and Torche

So, yeah, I saw Torche, and COC last night. Yes Valient Thorr and A Storm of Light played, too, but I was there for Torche and COC. Torche were awesome, as per usual, as was the New/Old COC.
I'm not going to review the show other than to say- liked those bands, hated the venue.
But I bring it up to say you really should check out both Torche and Corrosion of Conformity. COC even has a brand new record, called "Corrosion of Conformity", and if you like southern-based sludge metal, these are the three guys who invented it. They still play their southern Sabbath/Hardcore punk mix, and Mike Dean still sounds and looks ridiculous. In case you still don't feel like showing up, here's their new video, but it doesn't do em justice- they're both heavier and more energetic live.
Torche really need to just release the new stuff. I don't think I'll make it to the end of April. The new stuff is as good as Meanderthal, if not better. Download what you legally can. Right now. It's the best pop-stoner-sludge rock you'll hear this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment