Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lady Gaga

Ok, I just finished watching her "Monster's Ball" HBO special. I went in not a fan, and afterwards, I'm even less of a fan. Ye gads. I don't want to use this space to crap on people and their taste, but that was truly awful. I got more enjoyment out of what else I was doing- sorting laundry and playing with my cats. I've said that Lady Gaga was just Madonna meets Marilyn Manson, but I wasn't quite right. Add in a liberal dose of Bette Midler and a hefty dose of November Rain Guns N Roses, and you get a better idea of the wretchedness. I actually like Madonna, so I think I'm going to have to come up with some new comparisons, here. It was like watching some Bible Camp wannabe try to play at being a rock star. If I had a daughter, and she liked Lady Gaga, I think I'd bring her in for therapy. That might sound like a joke, but I'm serious- I'd be hoping that the doc would find some hearing damage or something.
I truly cannot understand how anyone can enjoy this soulless, gutless, humorless garbage. I watched this because I've got friends who like her, and have been telling me to give her a chance. Much like Glee, Nickelback, and Joan Rivers, I feel like watching that actually took something away from me, and made me less of a human being. So, she could do a complete 180, and release something utterly genius but it's too late- I won't give her any more chances. What utter shite.....

No comments:

Post a Comment