Sunday, August 21, 2011

Where's mah Bookit?

Ok, so I've been taking advantage of Borders books going out of business. Here's the books purchased in the past month, not counting books purchased for other people:
Route 19 Revisited: The Clash and London Calling by Marcus Gray. Have I mentioned I'm a fan of the Clash?
Dance of Days: Two Decades of Punk in the Nation's Capital by Mark Andersen and Mark Jenkins. What is it with sociology majors, punk rock, subtitles, and the name Mark?
Hitman:My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling by Bret Hitman Hart. Yes, I like Wrestling. I was never a fan of Bret Hart, but he's a smart, interesting guy.
My Booky Wook: A memoir of Sex, Drugs and Stand-Up by Russell Brand. His comedy is hit or miss with me, but he's one sharp cat. So I find it interesting that such a bright young man could be so stupid.
See a Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody by Bob Mould and Michael Azerrad. I've already read most of it on a borrowed copy. Now I've got my own. Michael can write, and Bob is one of the best songwriters to come along.
The Psychopath Test: A Journey through the Madness industry by Jon Ronson. I take Ronson with a grain of salt, but he does write fun pop Socio-psychological fluff.

That's not to mention the DVDs purchased, which will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment