Saturday, April 19, 2014

Triggerfinger- By Absence of the Sun

I was a bit late to the party with Triggerfinger, only catching up to them about two years ago, but I'm glad I did. They're like a middle ground between  Black Keys styled retro garage blues and Queens of the Stone Age styled big block rock. So, this new one is great, and H-E-A-V-Y. Gigantic, fat sounding guitars all over the place, playing twisted love songs to bad news, with poppy blues-based glamrock melodies. I realize most of the English speaking world isn't hip to them, yet, but if they ever catch the ear of Black Keys fans, I know they'll be bigger because, quite frankly, they're better. Ruben  has the best style, and a great falsetto that he deploys like a bomb. All three are great musicians, and the songs are catchy, with a good humour that never gets into cheesey territory. What more do you want from Rocknroll...

No comments:

Post a Comment